Monday, December 13, 2010

First Project: Exploding Photo/Gift Box

Today we got a little snow early this morning. So I settled down in my Craft room early. I had this idea in my head. My friend made one of these but did hers different. Here is my version:


Wasn't sure which way this was going so I designed as I went :)

This is a 12 X 12 piece of Basic Black Card stock. Scored @ 4", 8" then turned and repeat. You end up with 9 squares.










This is what the inside looks like. Take a  12 X 12 piece of Designer Paper and cut into 9 pieces each 3 3/4 square. Then adhere these pieces to the
Card stock. This is where you add your "Photos" .










You flip over your Card stock and cut 9 more pieces of 3 3/4 Designer paper for your outside look. After I adhered the pieces I punched some side pieces and added some pearls and bling.  This view shows the Lid sitting so you can see. Cut one more piece of Designer paper 3 3/4 for the top of the box. Decorate this however you wish. I'm using mine for Christmas. I'm also putting a gift in the middle.







Here is how I finished my lib. 8 X 8 piece of Card stock, Scored at 2" on Fiskars Cutter on all sides.  I used the Scallop border punch and did the trim work. Then cut and adhered 4pcs. of 1/2 x 3 3/4 pieces of Designer paper to go around box lid.  You can see this in first Photo. I made a satin bow, added a fat pearl. Used a couple of tag punches to make the sentiment on the lid.

I used "Tags till Christmas" stamp set w/clear blocks to stamp the side pieces and tag.

After your all done you add your photos inside and close it up and put on the lid.....

Supplies Used:
-12 x12 Basic Black Card stock, Cherry Cobbler and "Deck the Halls" Designer Paper.
-Punches: Decorative Label, Small Oval, Small and Large Tag Punches, Scalloped Edge Punch, Dotted Scallop ribbon border punch.
-Pearls/Black Satin Ribbon
-Ink: Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
All products used are from Stampin' Up.

2 comments:

  1. Joyce-

    I love it! Great choice of papers, etc. Can't wait to make one:)

    Love your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce-

    I forgot to mention...this is something my mother-in-law would cherish with photos of the boys:) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete